Sunday, June 19, 2011

Well hello again, Sunday!

I believe, though I could be wrong (although almost every comic strip I read over the weekend suggests otherwise), that today is Father's Day. At least in America. I must remember to call mi papa, and remind SB (sweet boyfriend) to call his as well. I'm rather scatterbrained today, if the plethora of parentheses is any indication, so we'll see if I actually manage to. For now, here's a mess of what's on my mind, as I attempt to make an interesting post and write out my list of goals for the week.

I still don't have my camera back, and wanted to put something recent up, so I was going to scan the picture I drew yesterday. But it's not quite done. So instead, you get the pictures I finished of a roleplaying character from a few years back. Or only one, as two are too big for one post, apparently. The drawing was finished 4-2-2009. This is Kit:



This is one of my favorite drawings. I just love the expression on her face. She was a very appearance-based character, from White Wolf's Mage: The Ascension (skip to end of paragraph if you don't care about this stuff). She was a tattoo artist living in Las Vegas, who used her tattoos, as well as...Kata? a style of Japanese dance...to focus the magic she did. So the Shinto gates were used for spirit-based magic, and the references to luck, such as cards and the koi, were entropy-based. On the back of her neck, she had a lotus flower tattoo for mind-based magic. Kit is short for Kitsune, the fox-spirit in Japanese lore; she is intended to have a fox-like face, and had a full-back tattoo of a two-tailed fox (her avatar). She also specifically had 9 braids (visible in the other picture that won't fit), to represent the most powerful of the Kitsune. This, this is nerdery at its finest.

Nothing really on the knitting front, as I'm still working through redoing the sleeves for Camden. I hate the crap out of the Dude sweater, so it's in a severe time out (halfway up the back--this is a very bad sign.) Anyways, I should wrap this up, so I'll leave you with my goals for the week:
  • Spin a tuft (for reals this time)
  • Finish and format thesis proposal
  • Type up lit review stuff for everything that's already been read
  • Find and print some articles while at parents' house
  • Towards that extent, go to parents' house (my mom's birthday is this Saturday)
  • Do laundry
  • Renew library books before going home
  • Go to the dentist
  • Finish Camden sleeves
  • Seam Camden shirt
  • Start a shrug (to hopefully be finished in time for the wedding)
  • Get past the evil colorwork chart on the Dude sweater
  • Read through (or at least acknowledge) last 3 books for thesis
  • Type up lit. review for those books
I'll let you know how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment