Monday, May 30, 2011

Deconstructing

I woke up this morning to an intensely humid room. I go to sleep far before my other half (and occasionally wake up after my full 8 hours before he's gone to bed), and even in the summer, he closes the door. So I figured it was us breathing in a closed room. No, it's humid. In Colorado, that's always strange. I don't own an umbrella. I take pictures of leaves when I travel elsewhere because we don't have green here. So humid=weird.

One result of this is my desire to work on a shrug for Korea. I went without shrugs and such before. I wore short sleeves through summer when I was teaching and *gasp* tank tops when I wasn't. But I have a tattoo, and Korea doesn't like tattoos. In general. I was told once that tattoos can only be given by licensed doctors over there--it's considered a medical procedure. Anyways, tattoos are one thing. Korean-language tattoos, like the one on my shoulder, are probably another thing entirely. So the quest for comfortable covers for an intensely hot summer begins.

I made the Inamorata tank from Knitty last summer, but never quite finished it. Why, you ask?


I appear to be one of those women who has a little trouble figuring out what my actual size is. I am 5' 7". I am not wider than I am tall, especially around my torso. I'm not sure what I thought was going on when I made this. Didn't bother with buttons or straps. So now this will become several rewound balls. Then I'll figure out what the next step is. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment